Nicholas Stix, VDARE, October 5, 2005
Peters is a black race hustler, and, if the state and federal charges against him hold up in court, an illegal immigrant and one-man crime wave as well.
On June 14, Sgt. Peters was taken into custody outside of his Harlem condo, reportedly after resisting arrest, and was charged with:
- Murder in the Second Degree;
- Assault in the First Degree;
- Intimidating a Witness in the Third Degree;
- Menacing in the Second Degree;
- Three counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree, in the 2001 assault and murder of Juliet Alexander, the mother of his two children, and the shooting of his “best friend,” Nigel Callender.
Just two months earlier, Peters had been indicted on three federal charges:
- defrauding HUD out of $38,724 in rent subsidies, by having his parents say they lived alone, when he and his wife (yet another one, apparently) lived with them. Peters’ parents were also indicted.
- Bankruptcy fraud, for allegedly lying on a 2002 bankruptcy petition, on which he did not count his wife’s income, and on which he said that he paid $849 in rent per month, when he actually paid only $286.
- Immigration fraud, for allegedly paying an American woman to marry him in what is commonly called a “green-card marriage.”
Peters came here from Trinidad, as did his murdered wife and former best friend. (Full disclosure: my wife is also an immigrant from Trinidad).
Although still more civilized than most Caribbean countries, Trinidad is nonetheless sadly in decline. The populace takes pervasive police corruption for granted — including officers who commit murder without being punished. The local media generally avoid the issue. A few years ago, one news photographer who got too close was beaten half to death by police officers. A four-to-five-year tidal wave of rarely-solved kidnappings, initially against wealthy and now merely middle-class East Indians, is also blamed by many East Indians on black officers in the black-dominated police force. Making matters worse, Trinidad officials hire highly-paid American consultants like Kelly McCann , who insult the intelligence of the besieged populace by telling them to call “Crime Stoppers,” to put themselves in the hands of the police, and to refrain from taking any initiatives to protect themselves.
Either Peters or the woman soon dissolved the marriage, invalidating any application he had made for status as a lawful permanent resident alien. But, as Alison Gendar and Nancie L. Katz reported in the June 15 Daily News, somehow Peters was able to become a naturalized citizen in May, 1995. [Fraud-rap officer eyed in gal pal slay]
One month later, he joined the NYPD.
Thus Peters, now 41, is the poster boy for the diverse, urban police force, an agency that hires unfit people based solely on their race or ethnicity, promotes them when they cry racism — as unfit diversity hires inevitably do — and shields them when they commit crimes.
As reported by the Caribbean Voice Newspaper shortly after Juliet Alexander’s 2001 murder, in 2000 she had won a Family Court judgment of $700 per month in child support from Peters for their son, Randall, and daughter, Raneshia, who were then eight and four years old, respectively. The money was garnished from Peters’ pay check. Meanwhile, Alexander was in love with a new man, Robert Allen. The newspaper quoted Alexander’s long-time friend, Ann Marie Thomas, as saying,