Posted on June 11, 2021

North Dakota Girl, 14, Dies After Being Beaten, Choked and Stabbed 25 Times in Random Attack

Christopher Eberhart, Daily Mail, June 9, 2021

A teenage girl has died after she was choked, beaten and stabbed more than 20 times in a random attack while she was skateboarding past a mall on her way home.

Daisey ‘Jupiter’ Paulsen, 14, was found bloody and unconscious by police after being left for dead at a strip mall in Fargo, North Dakota, at 7am on Friday.

Daisy Paulsen

Daisy Paulsen

Paulsen was skateboarding from her father’s house to her mother’s house when she was set upon in a brutal beating and stabbing which lasted 20 minutes and was partially seen on a store surveillance camera, court documents say.

Paulsen was rushed to the hospital, where she was hooked up to machines and survived for four days, but passed away on Tuesday.

Police arrested Arthur Prince Kollie, 23, for the attack, after he was allegedly seen standing over Paulsen by a garbage worker who was driving past.

Arthur Kollie

Arthur Kollie

He was tracked to a nearby Walmart where surveillance footage allegedly showed him stealing clothes to replace his bloodied t-shirt.

Kollie allegedly told police that he had used meth the afternoon before and said he did ‘not recall’ the incident, WDAY reported. He denied being involved in any assault.

He was charged with attempted murder, robbery and aggravated assault of a child victim and bail was set at $1million cash after Monday’s court appearance.

When he was told his charges, he asked: ‘Attempted murder, as is she alive? Or what? What does attempted murder mean?’ WDAY reported.

The Cass County State’s Attorney’s Office told the outlet Tuesday afternoon that papers would soon be filed with the court to bump attempted murder charge to murder.

Daisey’s family were left devastated by her passing after hoping that she may be able to recover from her injuries.

Her father Robert wrote on a GoFundMe page: ‘We just got word from the doctor today that our baby girl is too far gone and there isn’t anything they can do. Just to gather family and to say our goodbyes.’

According to court documents, the garbage worker was driving near the Party City store at the strip mall at around 7am when he saw a man wearing a white t-shirt and black pants standing over Paulsen with one hand on her nose and the other on her throat.

The man fled the area, but by 7pm that night, police arrested Kollie near a Walmart about a half a mile away.

The store’s surveillance camera allegedly caught him grabbing new clothes and changing in the changing room before leaving without paying. His bloodied shoes and clothes were allegedly found the changing room.

Fargo police said on Twitter that they’re still looking for Paulsen’s belongings, including a burgundy backpack, an unknown brand black backpack, an unknown brand black iPhone in a black case and a black leather wallet with a weave pattern.

At the time of the attack on Paulsen, Kollie was on probation for a 2017 conviction for simple assault on a peace officer.

Kollie had also pleaded guilty on May 7, 2021, to discharging a firearm within city limits, possessing a firearm as a felon and possessing drug paraphernalia, according to court documents.

He was sentenced to 18 months of supervised release and 27 day in jail, which he served.