Posted on June 28, 2017

Is It That Easy? London Bridge Terrorist Entered Britain Using False Name and Age

Joey Millar, Express, June 28, 2017

Charisse O'Leary and Rachid Redouane

Charisse O’Leary and Rachid Redouane

Southwark Coroner’s Court was told Rachid Redouane, who was one of three terrorists responsible for the June 3 slaughter, arrived in the UK using false details.

Authorities could not confirm when he arrived in the country but did say he used the alias Rachid Elkhdar and claimed to be five years younger than his 30 years.

Detective Chief Inspector Simon Moring said: “He was initially identified through fingerprints held by the immigration service.

“These came back in the name of Rachid Elkhdar, date of birth 31 July 1991.

“However a statement was taken from his wife who stated he used that name when he entered the country and his real name was Rachid Redouane, date of birth 31 July 1986.

“Subsequent finger print comparisons made against national identity documents held in Morocco again confirmed the name Rachid Redouane.”

The coroner then attempted to clarify his identity and clear up issues regarding his age.

He asked: “So the finger prints matched both the alias and the name Rachid Redouane. Now I understand there was difficulties with the date of birth?”

DCI Moring responded: “Yes certainly, [regarding] the date of birth 31 July 1991. His wife explained he entered the country essentially on false details.”

He said the 1986 date of birth “was supported by his marriage certificate and also supported by the Moroccan authorities in which we have taken a statement, that’s why his finger prints match against his Moroccan national identity”.

The inquest heard his autopsy revealed his cause of death as multiple gunshot wounds.

Eight people died when Redouane, along with Khuram Shazad Butt and Youssef Zaghba, carried out a brutal attack during the evening of June 3.

The trio mowed down a crowd on London Bridge using a hired van before carrying out a frenzies knife attack on revellers in Borough Market.

They were eventually shot dead by police just eight minutes after their rampage began.