Posted on January 9, 2020

In 2019, St. Louis — a 49 Percent Black/43 Percent White City — 91 Percent of Known Homicide Suspects Are Black

Paul Kersey, Unz, January 8, 2020

Out of 318,000 people,St. Louis is 49.2 percent black 43.9 percent white (as of 2010 US Census).

Our good friends at the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department not only put out an annual report on crime broken down by race, but a weekly analysis of the yearly crime rate.

Also, conveniently, the SLMPD breaks out violent crime by the race of suspects.

For 2019, there were 194 homicides in the city, with 175 of the victims being black (90%).

Suspects are known in only 42 percent of the homicides, with 75 of the suspects being black and 7 being white (there were 15 white victims of homicide in St. Louis in 2019).

Thus, in 2019 St. Louis, black suspects represent 91 percent of known suspects.

This means blacks are 9.28 times more likely than whites to be arrested for homicide in 2019 St. Louis. And remember: only suspects are known in only 42 percent of the cases. . . odds the 58 percent of the remaining cases have a black suspect? Pretty high.

There’s a reason it’s called Bell Curve City. . .