Hannah Parry, Daily Mail, September 1, 2017
A Florida mom has confessed to murdering a teenage boy in revenge for him allegedly raping her six-year-old daughter.
Connie Serbu lured 18-year-old Xavier Sierra to a wooded area in Naples, where she confronted him about the rape, before shooting him dead, police say.
She then called the cops herself, reportedly telling officers: ‘So I don’t care, he raped my daughter, I don’t care, he sodomized my daughter. . . she told me everything that happened.’
Police discovered the dead body of Sierra by trees in the 700 block of Goodlette-Frank Road on July 7, 2016, the Naples News reports.
The body of Serbu’s brother John Vargas, 29, of the Bronx, New York, was discovered nearby.
Serbu had enlisted the help of her brother for the murder but he was killed in the fracas, according to police documents.
The mother-of-two told investigators that her daughter had told her about the rape in May 2016 – several years after the sexual assault took place.
Her daughter begged her mother not to hurt Sierra, but Serbu refused to listen and began plotting his death, court documents reveal.
In July, Serbu texted Sierra inviting him to come over and build a bunk bed for cash.
Serbu then picked Sierra up, along with her brother Vargas, but instead of returning home, they drove to the woods in Naples.
When they pulled up, Sierra had attempted to flee but was chased down by Serbu and Vargas, court documents show.
Vargas, who was mentally disabled, caught up with the teen, and the two wrestled for the two guns.
Eventually, Sierra was shot six times and died, the documents reveal. Vargas was shot once in the abdomen and later died from his wounds.
Serbu was served with an arrest warrant on 25 August this year, on a charge of second-degree murder, according to documents filed with the Collier County Clerk of Courts this week.
‘The arrest brings up a lot of old emotions,’ said Zachary Rodriguez, a friend of Sierra.
‘But it also brings a big weight off my chest and helps me take a deep breath,’ he said. ‘Things are taking a step in the right direction, and it feels good to know justice is being served.’
The case is still being investigated, according to police.
Serbu had already relinquished custody of her two children to her estranged husband in July 2016 due to the homicide investigation.
The couple had been ‘experiencing marital problems’ and had an on and off again relationship since 2014, court documents state.