Posted on February 17, 2006

Minutemen Announce April Border Campaign

Jerry Seper, Washington Times, Feb. 17, 2006

Minuteman founder Chris Simcox yesterday announced plans for a new nationwide “Secure Our Borders” campaign in April, saying 6,500 civilian volunteers will man observation posts and conduct patrols along 800 miles of U.S. border with Mexico and Canada.

Mr. Simcox, president of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps (MCDC), said new efforts are being made to better respond to thousands of civilians who are expected to volunteer and a revised leadership structure has been established to meet what he called “the growing needs of continued Minuteman border security operations.”

Minuteman chapters have been established or are pending in 35 states, he said.

{snip}

Mr. Simcox said the volunteers this year will again observe and report suspected illegal border crossings to the proper authorities and maintain a “no contact” policy with the aliens except to provide water or medical assistance when needed.

He said that since the operations last year, interest in joining and supporting the Minutemen has “exploded nationwide.”

To date, he said, 6,500 men and women have passed the required background check and interviews to qualify to become volunteers — with more waiting for approval.

{snip}

Comments are closed.