Chris Roberts, American Renaissance, February 9, 2021
Disqus, the commenting service here on American Renaissance, has notified us that AmRen must adopt the “Strict Moderation profile” or be deplatformed. Comments are an invaluable part of this website, so last night we put “Strict Moderation” into effect. This means:
- Comments cannot include links or URLs.
- Comments cannot include videos.
- Comments cannot includes images, which includes photos and memes.
- “Guests” cannot comment, you need a Disqus account.
- A comment that if flagged three times will revert to “pending” status.
- All comments threads will close after 30 days.
- Disqus will delete some comments automatically.
You can read more about “strict moderation” here.
I know many of you are unhappy with these changes, but adopting them was the only way to continue using Disqus.
We are looking into alternative commenting services.