Posted on July 2, 2019

Antifa Beat Elderly Man with Crowbar, Bats, Mace

Sandy Malone, Blue Lives Matter, June 1, 2019

Black-masked antifa were captured on video as they attacked an elderly man who walked through the area where they were marching in downtown Portland on Saturday.

The video, posted by Human Events Managing Editor Ian Miles Cheong, showed a group of thugs grabbing an elderly man with white hair and beating him with a crowbar and spraying him with mace.

A big man in a black shirt with a red beard tried to intervene but antifa members beat him as well, beating him over the head before they sprayed him with mace as well, {snip}.


The video showed the big bleeding man heading over to help the elderly man but then he was attacked again by masked antifa, who shoved him away and up onto the sidewalk, where they sprayed him again from an industrial-sized can of mace.

Once the older man was able to get to his feet, he continued walking away from the violent protesters as they screamed at him.

A man with a camera stepped in and handed the bleeding elderly man a cloth to wipe his face.

The older man then held onto his rescuer’s hand and the man walked him safely away from the crowd, the video showed.

The Good Samaritan who helped him, Adam Kelly, was taken to the hospital where doctors used 25 stitches and staples to close the bloody gashes on his head.

Multiple citizens and police officers were injured and three people were arrested during violent protests led by black-masked antifa that took over Portland on June 29.

Most of the city’s streets were shut down or blocked as roving bands of antifa, clad in black and wearing hoods or helmets with black face masks, attacked police, conservative demonstrators, and at least one journalist.

Separate demonstrations led by different factions had been planned in several places in the city, but by 3 p.m. the violence and mayhem had escalated to the point where the Portland Police Bureau was forced to declare a civil disturbance and unlawful assembly, The Oregonian reported.

Protesters threw eggs, milkshakes, and other projectiles at the police officers tasked with keeping peace during the demonstrations.

Police said some of the milkshakes that were thrown contained “a substance similar to quick-drying cement,” The Oregonian reported.

Quick-drying cement can cause chemical burns, even after it’s washed off.


During the chaos of the day, journalist Andy Ngo was attacked by a mob several times.

Although he said he reported the initial incidences to police when they happened, it wasn’t until after he was beaten and bloody, with his camera gear stolen, that he felt police were taking the attacks seriously.


Ngo was admitted to the hospital overnight with a “brain bleed,” according to his attorney Harmeet K. Dhillon.


Police made only three arrests during the violent protest on June 29.