On October 15, 2016, James Edwards of The Political Cesspool spoke to approximately fifty people who attended the Foundation for the Marketplace of Ideas’ second Alt-Right event in Michigan since the organization was founded just seven months ago. Activists with The Right Stuff forum were also in attendance, and the event served as an excellent networking opportunity.
Edwards educated those in attendance about the rise–and philosophy–of the Alt-Right phenomenon for approximately one hour, he answered questions for another hour, and then approximately twenty people went out to lunch for further discussion.
Some of the more memorable quotes from Edwards’ speech include:
- “There is no better entity to take things to the next step than the Alt-Right.”
- “The Alt-Right is basically a group of tech-savvy, highly intelligent, marauding conservatives.”
- “You cannot have a first world country with a third world population.”
- “Demographics is destiny.”
- “Journalists with the media are mouthpieces for the Regime.”
- “If you’re not catching flak, you’re not over the target.”
After lunch at the restaurant, Edwards was interviewed by John Mangopoulos of The Battle of Ideas, which is a television talk show which airs on a number of public access television channels throughout Michigan.