USDA, May 1, 2013
The following message is being transmitted to you as a Departmental Management (DM) service to all Washington D.C. area USDA employees.
Agency E-mail administrators: Please forward this message to all Washington D.C. area USDA employees.
**** Please do not respond to this mailbox. Thank you. *****
On Friday, May 3, 2013, the Jefferson Auditorium will be the site of an event with First Lady Michelle Obama which will require increased security for all personnel in the USDA Headquarters Complex. The following security access procedures will apply:
1. All employees, visitors, and contractors must wear their USDA identification badge in plain view at all times.
2. Court 5 will be closed all day. Automobiles, motorcycles and bicycles must be removed by close of business Thursday, May 2, 2013.
3. Personnel located in rooms 1063 – 1083A will be permitted access to their offices during the event; however, beginning at 8:30 a.m., employees who leave those rooms and later return, will be screened by security.
4. Interior hallways in the vicinity of the Jefferson Auditorium will be restricted after 9:45 a.m. Personnel are advised to avoid this area until notified that security has returned to normal.
5. Beginning at 11:00 a.m., all South Building occupants with offices overlooking Court 5 must stay clear and keep windows closed until notified that security has returned to normal.
6. “C” Street will be subject to closure to vehicular and pedestrian traffic from approximately 11:00 a.m., until the event is over. No deliveries to the loading dock or Mail Center (FedEx, UPS, Postal Service, etc.) in Court 4 will be allowed during this time.
Personnel attending the event should plan on entering through the check-in location at the Independence Avenue side of Wing 4 and then passing through a magnetometer and X-ray device located at the Independence Avenue side of Wing 5. Please access the check-in location via Independence Avenue side of Wing 4. The screening station will be open at approximately 9:45 a.m. and will close at 11:30 a.m. Please allow yourself ample time to process and be seated. Please direct your questions to the Protective Operations Division at (202) 720-6270, or the USDA Operations Center at (202) 720-5711.
Curtis Wilburn Jr.
Director of Operations