Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they:
* Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian and Pacific Islander American, or Hispanic American;
* Are a citizen/legal permanent resident or nationals of the United States;
* Have attained a cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (un-weighted);
* Will be enrolling for the first-time at a U.S. accredited* college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student in the fall of 2010; or GED
* Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities;
* Meet the Federal Pell Grant* eligibility criteria; and
* Have all three forms (Nominee Personal Information Form completed by the student, Nominator Form completed by an educator familiar with the student’s academic record and a Recommender Form completed by a person familiar with the student’s leadership and community service) submitted by the deadline.