The Institute for Healing Racism is the area’s leading program for uncovering racism and understanding its impact on individuals and the workplace. More than 2,000 people have attended since 1997.
The Institute offers an intensive two-day experience. Because racism is a powerful force in our lives and community, the Institute challenges participants of all backgrounds to be part of an equally powerful dialogue. We provide the safe space and neutral guidance needed to help that dialogue emerge. The experience is rooted in:
• Honest conversation and reflection about the personal experience of race and racism.
• Guided exercises about where racism comes from and identifying the signs and symptoms of racism in our everyday lives.
• Initial practices to continue addressing racism in your life and workplace.
Institute for Healing Racism Facilitator Workshop
Join us for an Institute for Healing Racism facilitator workshop on November 28 at the Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce. Workshop attendees must be a current or former facilitator for the Chamber’s Institute program.
Date | November 28, 2012
Time | 11:30 a.m.
Location | Chamber Office, 111 Pearl St. NW
To register or for more information, contact Sonya Hughes at email@example.com or 616.771.0321.
The Institute for Healing Racism is a two day program that seeks to combat and heal the wounds of racism. IHR dissects the complex disease of racism by examining U.S. history, race, institutional power, self-awareness, privilege, and anti-racism.
The Institute for Healing Racism has great value to the business community and our citizens. Sponsorship support helps the Chamber continue to support Grand Rapids as a magnetic community that attracts and retains talent.
We encourage persons of all skin colors and ethnicities to participate.
Why sponsor the Institute for Healing Racism?
• Show support for the Chamber’s extensive diversity programming
• Illustrate your organization’s commitment to diversity and inclusion in the local business community
• Receive recognition among Institute participants and in Chamber publications
We invite all Chamber Members to connect by participating in events and programs by becoming a sponsor.
[Editor’s Note: Registration for next year’s seminar is available at the original article link below. The fee is $200 for non-profit chamber members, $300 for for-profit members, and an additional $50 for non-chamber members.]