TikTok Teen ‘Mizzy’ Claims ‘Uproar’ Over His ‘Pranks’ Is Because He Is a ‘Black Male’
Max Channon, Daily Express, May 22, 2023
A teenage TikTok ‘content-creator’ who shared videos of himself apparently snatching a dog from a woman, entering strangers’ homes and tearing up books in a library reportedly said the “uproar” over his activities is because he is a “black male doing these things.”
Bacari Ogarro, 18, made the claim in an interview that was published just hours after it was reported that police had visited his family home in London. Ogarro is believed to go by the name of ‘Mizzy’ on TikTok.
If this Mizzy wankpiece tried this in Glasgow he'd get folded in half. English people need to stop being so polite. It's not the Victorian era any more you ponces. pic.twitter.com/QKfimPhtdw
— Leo Kearse – see me on YouTube & Headliners (@LeoKearse) May 22, 2023
Mizzy’s videos have sparked outrage this week – with MPs and ministers among those calling for police action. In one video, ‘Mizzy’ was seen startling a young family, the mother of whom had been in the front patio sweeping and left their front door open.
The video opened with ‘Mizzy’ and two friends saying: “Walking into random houses, let’s go”. He then entered the house, attracting the attention of a woman in the front garden, before brazenly entering the hallway while young children were heard shouting: “Daddy”.
Another video uploaded to the Mizzy TikTok account shows him approaching an elderly woman on a park bench. He then picks up dog and runs off with it. And, in another video, ‘Mizzy’ approaches random young women at Stoke Newington overground station and asks them if they want to die.
Ogarro has previously been arrested over a ‘prank’ which involved ‘leapfrogging’ orthodox Jews at a bus stop. He claimed he was held by police for 36 hours over the incident.
However, the 18-year-old reportedly told The Independent: “I’m a Black male doing these things and that’s why there’s such an uproar on the internet.”
“I don’t fake my pranks, but I always make sure to sort out the situation after if I feel like I went too overboard, but none of my pranks have malicious intentions behind them and most of the people in the pranks acknowledge that after I speak to them.”
But he also said: “Controversy, even though it’s not good, is the best way to blow up on social media. I always know outrage is going to happen. I know exactly what I’m doing and the consequences of my actions. I tell people not to reciprocate what I’ve done.”
Shadow Culture Minister Alex Davies-Jones slammed Mizzy’s TikTok content as “disturbing and upsetting”. The Labour MP said it is an example of why the country desperately needs the Online Safety Bill to hold social media platforms to account.
Paul Scully, Minister for Technology and the Digital Economy, warned TikTok the forthcoming Online Safety Bill will mean social media companies will have to delete the content. And fellow Conservative Party member Susan Hall urged the Met to intervene. She said: “Is it any wonder women don’t feel safe?”
In a statement, the Met Police said it was trying to trace a man after the video showing the storming of the home was posted on social media. It added: “The main individual who features in the footage – an 18-year-old man – has been identified by officers. He is seen, in the company of another, to enter a private address in Hackney seemingly without the permission of the homeowners.”
A spokesperson for the Met said attempts were being made by officers from the Central East Command Unit to find the man so he can be dealt with for a suspected breach of a Community Protection Notice issued in May 2022. That notice prohibits him from carrying out any act which will or is intended to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
Detective Chief Superintendent James Conway of the Central East Command Unit said: “We are aware that this video has been widely shared both on social and mainstream media, and understand the concern caused by its content.
“I would like to reassure the public we are taking the matter very seriously and are conducting an investigation, including enquiries to locate the man seen in the video.
“We have spoken with the homeowners and will continue to liaise with them in regards to our action on this matter.
“We are aware of other videos posted by the same individual which have also been circulating, but believe these to be historic matters which were addressed through previous police action, though we continue to pursue enquiries to check this.”
The force said attempts are being made by officers from the Central East Command Unit to find the man so he can be dealt with for a suspected breach of a Community Protection Notice issued in May 2022.
That notice prohibits him from carrying out any act which will or is intended to cause harassment, alarm or distress.