On March 15, Minuteman Civil Defense Corps President Carmen Mercer sent out an e-mail message proclaiming, “High Alert for All Minutemen.”
Her message began with, “Obama cuts border security funding and freezes hiring of new Border Patrol.”
She wrote, “The Minutemen are returning to the border–locked and loaded–to say, ‘You are wrong Obama, America comes first!'”
Mercer chastised the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, stating Janet Napolitano thinks “border security is a waste of time and a politically sensitive issue,” adding the Minutemen are returning to the border–locked and loaded–because they think Napolitano is an “unqualified buffoon who risks the lives of American citizens every day she is the head of DHS.”
Mercer called on all MCDC volunteers to return to the southern border with Mexico, en mass, beginning Friday afternoon, March 26, and lasting until Congress deploys the U.S military to our borders to defend the United States of America.
“For eight long years we Minutemen played nice; yet for the past eight years we firmly expressed our opinions and desires for the border to be secured,” said Mercer. “This muster will be completely different. President Obama and John McCain have left us no choice. This March we return to the border locked, loaded and ready to stop each and every individual we encounter along the frontier that is now more dangerous than the frontier of Afghanistan.”
She said this operation will not be for the faint of heart and MCDC volunteers will work under entirely different Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), as they will approach their duty as citizens with zero tolerance for any and all violations of our border.
Mercer stated, “We will forcefully engage, detain, and defend our lives and country from the criminals who trample over our culture and laws.”
Previously prohibited from MCDC musters, long arms will be not only allowed but encouraged.