The Occidental Quarterly
Essay Competition: $1,000 prize
For an Essay on the Topic: Secession and Racial Nationalism
One of the goals of TOQ is to encourage the exploration of concrete and workable alternatives to multiracial and multicultural societies. To that end, we are sponsoring an essay contest on the topic of “Secession and Racial Nationalism.” Submissions may explore this topic from any perspective: philosophical, economic, historical, political, psychological, biological, ecological, etc. One can defend or attack the desirability of secession; examine and criticize past or present secessionist movements from a racial nationalist perspective; evaluate existing secessionist and partition proposals (e.g., Wilmot Robertson’s The Ethnostate, Harold Covington’s Northwest Quartet, the proposals of Michael Hart, Edgar Steele, and others); address specific problems that secessionist movements must solve, etc. One can focus on any form of racial nationalism, so long as it is relevant to TOQ’s specific concern with white racial nationalism.
– Essays must be in English.
– Essays must be at least 2,000 and no more than 5,000 words.
– Essays must be submitted electronically in Word or RTF format.
– Authors may use pen names.
– Only one entry per author.
– Essays must not have previously appeared in print.
– The winning essay will be chosen by the Editor of TOQ. All decisions will be final.
– The contest is open to anyone worldwide, except the Editor of TOQ.
– The winning essay and other worthy entries will be published in TOQ. (Each Runner Up will receive a standard TOQ honorarium.)
– The deadline for submissions is June 1, 2009.
– Winners and Runners Up will be informed by July 1, 2009.
Address submissions and inquiries [the Editor](mailto:[email protected]).